Benefits of Membership:
- COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY – Harness Horsemen International’s $4,000 scholarship is available to children of a member of an HHI member association. (Must complete an application to apply)
- ELIGIBILITY – to run for the MHRI Board of Directors
- INVOLVEMENT – on MHRI committees
- LIMITED FIRE AND DISASTER INSURANCE – for an eligible member-owned Standardbred horse while at scheduled racetracks, training centers or fairgrounds, of up to $15,000 for a horse which is racing, up to $5,000 for a horse in training, and up to $3,000 per horse for tack (with a maximum of $10,000 tack coverage for any one owner).
- PARTICIPATION IN – in MHRI County Fair races
- REPRESENTATION – with elected officials, regulatory agencies in Minnesota, Minnesota Racing Commission and Running Aces
- SULKY/JOG CART INSURANCE – provides coverage of up to $1,750 for a damaged sulky/jog cart (see policy for details)
- THIRD PARTY LIABILITY INSURANCE – provides liability coverage for owners of a standardbred horse that causes bodily injury or property damage. Policy provides $1,000,000 dollar occurrence/$5,000,000 aggregate.
- VOTING PRIVILEGES – for annual MHRI Board of Directors
Click here for the Membership Form.